Context: In the upper room discourse, Jesus has spoken of the future – heaven and the sending of the Holy Spirit.
John 14:18-19 – “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.” – Jesus
- Jesus will not leave the disciples as orphans.
- Jesus will come to the disciples (offsetting their position as an orphans).
- The world does not see Jesus.
- The disciples were to see Jesus when the world did not.
- Because Jesus lives, the disciples were also to live.
I want to commit to memory: “Because I live, you also will live.” I want to spend time meditating on His presence (not an orphan) and where I see Him.
Lord, thank you for giving me life!