Today’s Reading: Isaiah 15:1‐18:7, Galatians 1:1‐24, Psalm 58:1‐11, Proverbs 23:12
Context: Isaiah is prophesying the desolation of Damascus.
Isaiah 17:10-11 – For you have forgotten the God of your salvation
and have not remembered the Rock of your refuge;
therefore, though you plant pleasant plants… the harvest will flee away
in a day of grief and incurable pain.
- Desolation will come because:
- You have forgotten the God of your salvation
- You have not remembered the Rock of your refuge (italics added)
- Though you plant pleasant plants
- The harvest will flee away in a day of grief and incurable pain
If we forget God, our work will be futile and painful.
Apply: I want to repeat the three Rs from this verse in prayer throughout today – Remember the Rock of Refuge.
How can remembering God change the outcome of your life?