Today’s Reading: Ezra 10:1‐44, 1 Corinthians 6:1‐20, Psalm 31:9‐18, Proverbs 21:3
Ezra 10:4 – Arise, for it is your task, and we are with you; be strong and do it.”
- Context: The people have “broken faith” with God and married foreign women. Ezra makes confession and shows true godly sorrow, “weeping and casting himself down,” for their sin. The people express the desire to repent and make a covenant with God to remove their foreign wives.
- Arise – move into action
- For it is your task – you are our leader, it is your responsibility
- We are with you – we will follow
- Be strong – (chazaq) take courage, be tough and resilient
- Do it – follow through, act
Apply: It became clear last night that I need to confront someone today within my ministry.
Pray: “Show me what my task is as a leader and give me the strength to arise and do it.”
What is the task that God is calling you to lead others to do today? Arise, be strong, and do it!