Today’s Reading: 2 Chronicles 14:1‐16:14, Romans 9:1‐21, Psalm 19:1‐14, Proverbs 20:1
2 Chronicles 15:15 And all Judah rejoiced over the oath, for they had sworn with all their heart and had sought him with their whole desire, and he was found by them, and the Lord gave them rest all around.
- Context: In chapter 14, Asa is submissive to the Lord and wins a great battle. At the beginning of Chapter 15, the Spirit of the Lord comes on Asariah and he approaches Asa with these words…. “Hear me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin: The Lord is with you while you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you” (15:2). The people respond to these words and “they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul” (15:12).
- The people rejoiced over their oath to seek the Lord
- The oath was to seek the Lord with their:
- All their heart
- Whole desire / all their soul (v12+15)
- The Lord was found by them
- Notice this is a promise fulfilled – “If you seek him, he will be found by you…
- The Lord gave them rest all around
Are you seeking the Lord with all of your heart and soul? What else are you seeking? Are you willing to get rid of your idols? Are you willing to make an oath to whole heartedly seek him?
Apply: Pray – “Lord I want to seek you with all of my heart and soul! Show me the idols you want me to clear out of my life. Give me the strength to whole heartedly seek you. Place men around me that will hold me accountable to this oath.”
What prompts you to seek God?