Today’s Readings: Judges 13:1‐14:20, John 1:29‐51, Psalm 102:1‐28, Proverbs 14:15‐16
His Word: Proverbs 14:15 The simple believes everything,
but the prudent gives thought to his steps.
My words: Do you believe the world too much?
- Do you believe everything you read? Are you monitoring what you are reading?
- Do you believe everything you hear? Do you check what you hear against reputable sources?
Do you give thought to your steps?
- Prudent – wise or judicious in practical affairs, careful in providing for the future
- Have you thought and prayed through your future? Check out this excellent post for ways to be intentional about your life plan.
- When was the last time you fasted over your steps? Praying over my job and my marriage are two of the more meaningful moments in my spiritual life.
Apply: I need to think about where I’m going.
What helps you to live on purpose?