Today’s Readings (Bible in a year): Leviticus 20:22-22:16, Mark 9:1-29, Psalm 43, Proverbs 10:18
Scripture: Psalm 43:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
• This verse appears, word for word, three times in two chapters.
• David struggles with inner turmoil, maybe even depression, throughout Psalms.
• He speaks to his own soul and tells it to hope in God.
• He reminds himself that he will praise God again.
• His praise is grounded in God’s word – salvation, and God’s position – David’s God.
I want to respond to my own inner battle with the command to hope and the reminder of praise.
Guide my heart to respond to what you have done and will do for me. Help me see true hope.
What tangible things do you do to find hope?